Friday 30 January 2015

The things I do for my Scouts

Friday night and I'm getting completely covered in flour so that I have some cupcakes to sell at tomorrow's Tabletop Sale!

I used 5 small, very yellow free range eggs (from my chickens), lemon zest and 3 dessertspoons of lemon juice. 



As per Delia's Lemon Butterfly Cake recipe (which I doubled and used butter instead of soft marg for), I put the oven on 190 degrees c and mixed all the ingredients together with my handmixer. My mixture made 23 cupcakes but they are random sizes so yours may stretch to 25.






I finally get to use my cute cupcake cases!



I've just popped them in the oven for 15 mins and then I'll check them to see if they spring back up when I poke them. As my oven is a bit tricky I did them in 2 batches on the middle shelf.

I've just checked on them and I'll give them 4 more minutes. Right, now they're perfect. They sprang back up.

Very messy but never mind!

Completely covered in flour!

I'm off to eat tea whilst I wait for the other cupcakes to bake and then I've got Scouts in a bit and we're doing an epic Custard Walk and some sort of safe explosion so super-excited for that! Sure the Scouts will enjoy it too :)

Right. They're baked. I'll leave them to cool and I'll ice them in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!