Thursday 5 February 2015

This is just a Tribute - to my disappearing blog post re: Applique banner

Blogger app just deleted the post I just wrote so I'll leave it 'til the morn to remember what eloquence was portrayed in this space just moments ago! I was having a bit of a crisis anyway as my machine had completely eaten my fabric. Humph. I don't know who was more tired, me or the machine, but one of us definitely had to stop sewing!

The (very eloquent I might add) blog post definitely had something to do with applique... Anyway, here we go...

This is an applique banner I'm making for my friend who has just moved into a new workspace! I thought I'd customise a little strip quilt I've been working on and give it a new lease of life (as it hadn't quite developed into a project by that point)) by making it into a colourful and decorative banner for her which can be hung (from tabs) on the wall.

My work in progress. Reckons it's looking pretty cool. It's quite patterny. If I were to do another applique letters project I'd probably choose a block colour for the background to make more of a contrast - so that those letters REALLY stick out. (I wanted to use the pig material, though, and this is the last of it as I've had it for a couple of years just looking pretty. I might look for more farm-related fabrics in the future too.)
I realised, too late in the cutting stage, why I had originally wanted to use the squares material (other than it being really colourful) .... 

because applique-ing curves is so hard on a machine!

- but I have my walking foot now so maybe it will be easier. I only have a couple of letters left to do but it's always worth having a play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!